Canmark has measures in place to protect individual respondents' privacy and will act on instructions regarding the respondent's personal information when the request is being made by the client who has contracted Canmark to collect the data through survey research.
Canmark is committed to ensuring that an individual respondent's privacy is protected. When using a survey website or a paper based survey, should Canmark ask a respondent to provide certain information by which the respondent can be identified, that information will only be used in accordance with this or the client's privacy statement.
Canmark may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are viewing our current policy. This policy was last revised January 7, 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following respondent information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Depending on the survey, individual responses may or may not be linked to personal identifying information since the client may keep that information separate from the information Canmark has collected. Personal identifying information will never be sold to anyone. Respondents are free to choose whether or not to participate in a survey, free to choose not to answer any specific questions or to discontinue participation at any time.
What we do with the information we gather
When Canmark collects this information it is typically for the purpose of maintaining the client's internal database.
- Internal record keeping.
- Client may use the information to improve their products and services.
- Using the email address which the respondent has provided, the client may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which the respondent may find interesting.
In addition, personal information may be collected in order to contact winners when a contest is part of a survey.
Canmark is committed to ensuring that respondent information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All Canmark employees have signed an agreement to maintain confidentiality of client information.
Links to other websites
A Canmark maintained survey website may provide links to other sites not owned or operated by Canmark. We have no authority or control over these third-party sites, and we assume no responsibility for their privacy practices.
Like many websites, we use "cookie" technology to improve your experience on our site. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your computer to store your preferences or help "remember" information you previously gave us. This allows us to customize the site for you. Cookies themselves do not identify you personally, but may be linked to personal information that you provide to us through your interaction at our website. You may set your browser not to accept cookies, but if you do so, certain areas of our site may not function on your computer.
Controlling personal information
A respondent may choose to restrict the collection or use of his/her personal information in the following ways:
- If the personal information is intended to be used for any direct marketing purpose, then the survey will have a box that the respondent can click to indicate that they do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If the respondent has previously agreed for a client to use personal information for direct marketing purposes, the respondent may alter these directions at any time by writing to or emailing the client.
Canmark does not sell, distribute or lease respondents'. personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
If you have any concerns about how privacy is protected at Canmark, please contact our Privacy Officer by e-mail at email@example.com
or by mail to:
Canmark Technologies Ltd.
6 Garamond Court, Suite 269